ISEA "Teenager of the Year" Award
Idaho State Elks Association Teenager of the Year Award
Any Idaho high school student with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher and a history of community service is eligible for this contest.
- 1st Place $600
- 2nd Place $400
- 3rd Place $300
Your Lodge may opt to give awards for local winners.
Separate judging divisions for boys and girls.
STUDENT DUE DATES:
Teenager of the Year Award applications due to the local Sponsoring Elks Lodge by March 30th 2017
ELKS JUDGING DATES:
Local Elks Lodge Judging completed by April 14th 2017 and submitted to District
District Elks Lodge Judging completed by April 28th, 2017 and submitted to State
It is very important that each applicant fully comply with the rules and standards set forth in this application. Any deviation/omissions from these instructions may result in automatic disqualification during judging.
All academic information must be verified in the form of a sealed official transcript from the applicant’s school of record. There will be no exceptions.
All applications must include a 4” x 6” photograph of the applicant (color or black & white) for promotional purposes.
All applications must be submitted to the sponsoring Elks Lodge in the following format:
- All application materials must be secured in a letter size term paper report cover with pockets.
- All materials that are in sealed envelopes will be in the front cover pocket of the report cover.
- The order of submission in report cover is:
- Application Data Sheet
- Scholarship Application followed by any supporting materials relevant to the application.
- Applicant Essay
- Three letters of recommendation. At least one should be from a teacher who knows you well. The other may be from your employer, minister, a family friend, and/or Volunteer coordinator. Do not submit recommendations from relatives.
- Any additional information that you feel should be reviewed by the scholarship committee. This could include, but not limited to press clippings from local or national news, website recognition, web addresses.
- Applications that are stapled will not be accepted.
- Good Luck!
Youth Activities Chairman